I can't remember if I mentioned this about the t-shirt quilt before or not. I found a really unique t-shirt quilt online one day when I was just surfing around. The blocks in it were bordered with the same fabric and then an additional darker fabric so that it looked as if the blocks were sitting on top of the quilt, shadowed. I really liked that idea and decided to use it in Hollywood's quilt. The first photo is the block with the border added. The second is with both the border and shadow added.
I've gotten all of the quilt blocks pieced at this point, and now I am joining them into rows with sashing strips. I plan to join the rows with long sashing strips (no sashing squares this time) and border the quilt in the same fabric I'm using for the sashing. I have all of the blocks laid out on the design wall, and three of 5 rows are assembled.
I also quilted the first of the practice preemie quilts tonight - I was doing mostly meandering around the little baby dinosaurs on the fabric. The next one I think I'll try a different pattern. Not sure what yet, but I definitely need the practice! :)
My toe is slowly getting better too. I hope it gets well enough to push in a clutch on Saturday, because I'm hoping to return the car my parent loaned me. It's been a real blessing to have, but I miss my own car! :)