Navigation to Doodle-head.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hello? August is nearly over?

When did that happen? This month has just flown by.

And I have been remiss! I completely forgot to post my SSS 2009 block of the month when I finished it, so here it is - Ducks and Ducklings. I picked up my 2nd part of the finishing kit (of 3), but haven't dug into it yet.


Tori's Hexagon Beads quilt is finally finished! It was quilted by Pam Thorne, who has quilted several other quilts that I've made, and bonus, she's a member of my quilt guild, so I get to see her once a month (and drool over the things she's made herself). Here is the front and a shot of some of the backing and binding.



I also finished Butterfly Song, except for the charm. I decided to order a cloisonne butterfly and hope that it's as beautiful as the picture online.


I started another cross stitch project (completely from stash, go me!), but don't have any pics yet - it's My Security Blanket by Patricia Allison, and I decided on it because she looks like Stilts - our only kitty whose likeness I don't already have stitched.

Well, it looks as if I won't have the online class quilt finished by the end of August, but hopefully I can make some headway in September. It's still hanging on my design wall, waiting to be sandwiched. Perhaps a nice little Labor Day project?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

I finished a quilt!

Last night I finally put the last bit of binding stitches into Noel's Gone Fishing quilt. He gets it tomorrow night, with the stipulation that I get it back first of next month to take to the quilt guild meeting. :)

Side one


Side two


Binding

I've got Tori's quilt ready to bind, and the binding strips are cut and ready to piece, so I hope to have that one done this week. I'm on a roll!

Friday, August 07, 2009

Butterfly Song progress

It's just over half-stitched! Each of the sections has been fun, not too long to get repetitive, but long enough to get into a rhythm. Of course, I'd be lying if I said I hadn't frogged any of it... but not too many rippits so far!

Monday, August 03, 2009

Quilter's Palette quilt top asssembled!

And I'm thrilled with the way it has turned out. I love my color choices, and though I wasn't completely thrilled with some of my fabric choices in a couple of the blocks, I decided not to remake them. I've learned a lot about value while making this quilt, and I think I still have some more to learn. I plan to quilt it myself by machine, once I finish assembling Noel's Gone Fishing quilt and putting the binding on Tori's Hexagon Beads quilt.


We have one more chat, in two weeks, to wrap up this class. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn new techniques. There are PDF instructions, online videos, and weekly chat sessions to answer questions about the class and other quilty stuff. Annie and Guy have really worked hard to put together a series of quality lessons. They're going to offer this one again in the future, and they've got others planned (though I don't have the time to take another one at the moment).

http://classroom.simplearts.com/ for more information - no affiliation, just an extremely satisfied customer!