Navigation to

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Take Time To Quilt (stitch)

Over the weekend, I managed to also put a few stitches into this Jeannette Douglas design, especially once I got a new magnifier (at Moonlight Stitchin - yes, I did spend a little money at the shop, but no new charts!).

And I don't know if you can see it as well, since the stitching is a little small in the photo, but there are queen stitches (!) in this design - in the far right box (second box down). Squeee! :)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Dance #9 of 16

Haven't done one of these in a while, but here is block #9 of Chatelaine's Waterlily Pond Quilt finished.

I worked on it yesterday during Moonlight Stitchin' at my LNS, and then some more today, finishing up the beading.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Queen Stitches

I was commenting last night on FB that I had just finished stitching the queen stitches for a Waterlily Pond Quilt block, and was asked for full color proof, so I thought I'd share with you too - this is block 9 (of 16).

I should note that I changed the fiber for the queen stitches. It called for using the silken perle, and I felt that was really too thick for these queen stitches. So I'm just using one strand of a Thread Gatherer Silk n Colors in a similar color. I like the shading effect too.

Moonlight Stitch is tonight at my LNS, and I plan to take this project (and probably Kitty Litter) to work on while hanging with the girls. Looking forward to it, what a great Saturday!

Friday, March 19, 2010

A little kitty update

Here is the latest on Stilts (My Security Blanket by Patricia Allison). I haven't worked on her in a while, and you may not be able to see it well with the photo, but I've gotten most of the white on the right side finished, as well as a little more of the red.

And here is my progress so far on March's basket block.

Monday, March 15, 2010

February's basket block finished

Yes, it's only halfway through March, and I've finally finished February's block of the month.

March's block is on the wall, it's just not put together yet.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Egyptian Sampler and Spooky House

I've finally completed the border frame of Egyptian Sampler. I still have a long way to go, but it's really nice to see the outer edge of this project complete.

And I've stitched a little more on Spooky House, so we now have a completed bat, and I know where the left edge of the moon is...

I've been working on my Country Baskets block of the month and hope to have both February and March completed soon.

Monday, March 08, 2010

It's okay to restart a project

If you've messed up in two places that would require some major unstitching, and you really hated the fabric anyway, it really is okay to restart a project.

Several months ago, I had put some time into Teresa Wentzler's Egyptian Sampler, but I didn't take a new progress photo at the time because nearly every stitch I had put in that round I was going to have to remove. I was so disgusted that I just put it away, knowing that I'd eventually deal with it. I just couldn't deal with it at the time.

Fast-forward to Market weekend here a couple of weeks ago, and the gift of two of Cross Eyed Kat's charts in particular, Mayan Mystery and Egypt. I have the idea of doing these two charts and hanging them someday on a wall with TW's ES. Of course, I can't do that unless they're all stitched, and of course, ES needs some serious work to correct the mistakes I've made. But I hate, hate, hate the fabric (28 ct. ivory monaco, from the kit). So I decide that I have just enough left of my current favorite fabric, 28 ct. Cashel linen, in cream, to start the project over. And fortunately, this kit was made up of DMC floss, so I can easily use stash floss if I run out of kit floss.

And so, as I've done in the past when things just weren't working on another project (Black Swan Designs' Dragon Heart), I have restarted Egyptian Sampler. Here is the original and the restart as of yesterday afternoon. I've decided to go ahead and stitch at least the outline of the border so I'll KNOW that it is right (believe it or not, that was one of the issues on the left side of the project).

I am already so much happier, and thinking I'll just add this into my "rotation," such as it is. I'm back up to 17 18 WIPs, but I'm happier now with the variety.

Saturday, March 06, 2010

New Trixie pics

No stitching news in this post, I just wanted to share my new Trixie pictures - her window tinting, and the new K badge on the front and rear.

Now off to maybe stitch a bit and try to get my dad's blog figured out. I tried to do the migration tool thing with his, and it has definitely had some hiccups. Once I get it done, then I'll have one more blog to migrate.

Friday, March 05, 2010

A spooky house start

Every time I think about taking a picture and posting it, I also think, "just a few more stitches," or "maybe I should backstitch a little so it will be more defined before I take a photo." The heck with that - I've made some progress, so here it is!

Not sure how much I'm going to get accomplished this weekend, my shoulder has been hurting for a few days. Of course, I know me, and it will be extremely difficult for me to NOT do anything... I hope everyone has a fantastic one!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Poinsettia Biscornu

I altered the design a little (left out some of the stitches and beads), and I had to use my magnifier to work on this (I believe the fabric is 34 ct. - it was from a scrap bag), but I'm really pleased with the result.

I'm working on my Spooky House and making some nice progress. After trying to work with the glow-in-the-dark Kreinik braid, and having to frog it all back out because I was off my a stitch, I've decided I like the look of the design with DMC 712 instead. And it's easier to stitch. Pic soon, I promise!