Several months ago, I had put some time into Teresa Wentzler's Egyptian Sampler, but I didn't take a new progress photo at the time because nearly every stitch I had put in that round I was going to have to remove. I was so disgusted that I just put it away, knowing that I'd eventually deal with it. I just couldn't deal with it at the time.
Fast-forward to Market weekend here a couple of weeks ago, and the gift of two of Cross Eyed Kat's charts in particular, Mayan Mystery and Egypt. I have the idea of doing these two charts and hanging them someday on a wall with TW's ES. Of course, I can't do that unless they're all stitched, and of course, ES needs some serious work to correct the mistakes I've made. But I hate, hate, hate the fabric (28 ct. ivory monaco, from the kit). So I decide that I have just enough left of my current favorite fabric, 28 ct. Cashel linen, in cream, to start the project over. And fortunately, this kit was made up of DMC floss, so I can easily use stash floss if I run out of kit floss.
And so, as I've done in the past when things just weren't working on another project (Black Swan Designs' Dragon Heart), I have restarted Egyptian Sampler. Here is the original and the restart as of yesterday afternoon. I've decided to go ahead and stitch at least the outline of the border so I'll KNOW that it is right (believe it or not, that was one of the issues on the left side of the project).
I am already so much happier, and thinking I'll just add this into my "rotation," such as it is. I'm back up to