Navigation to Doodle-head.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Long time no blog

At least it seems that way to me. I haven't been stitching much lately, due to the shoulder injury. I'm working with a new physical therapist on the shoulder, but it's only been a week so far, so there hasn't been enough time to show too much progress. But I do have a new progress picture of K is for Kitty to share - one with a head!!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Better late than whenever

I finally got the time and energy to finish binding my SSS 2009 block of the month quilt this morning. I decided to do it on the machine rather than by hand, since my shoulder is still giving me problems - at least we know what the problem is now. I have shoulder impingement with some spurs and bone bruising, so I'll be starting new physical therapy for that. I really hope it works, because if it doesn't, the doc mentioned scoping it.

Here is the finished quilt, along with a picture of my backing fabric (flannel, and I love the colors and pattern) and a closeup of the quilting. Once again, Pam Thorne machine-quilted it for me, and she did an excellent job.



Sunday, May 09, 2010

New reading glasses = better sight for stitching

I don't think I mentioned that another recent issue I've had is that my prescription has changed, and I'm still dealing with getting new lenses for my regular glasses - the first pair were horrendous, and fortunately I still had the old lenses that I had them put back in.

To help with some of the problems I was having, I additionally got a pair of prescription reading glasses, and I must say they are WONDERFUL! They are not progressives (the other lenses are), so they have the same rx throughout the lens, and I can see really well now when reading and stitching with them on.

Here is some progress on Avatar, which is stitched over 2 on 32 count linen - not a problem for most people, but I was having to use a magnifier in addition to my regular glasses to stitch it. Not anymore, hooray!


It still doesn't look like much (at least to me), but I can see I'm making progress. Maybe next time I'll try to work my way to his left, to fill in more of the wizard.

We're going to have another test done on my shoulder this week and see where we can go from there. I sure hope we can nail down the problem so we can figure out how to fix it!

And I must say that we were very fortunate to come through the 100-year flood without any additional damage to our home. There are so many around us who were not as lucky. My husband's work is one of the businesses that sits almost on the river, and they were flooded for days (cleanup has begun, but it's such a mess, and they don't know how bad the losses will be yet). Our hearts go out to all of those who lost anything (and in some cases everything) here in Tennessee, and especially to those who lost loved ones. And thank you for thinking of us Laurel!

Thursday, May 06, 2010

K is for Kitty, a beginning

Though it may not look like one yet, this is my progress on K is for Kitty. I've been having more shoulder problems, so I haven't been able to stitch as much lately (and wanted to stitch on something easy).