I decided that I really did not like the border fabric that I pieced to my desert version of the MCQG mystery quilt. The color just made it look sick, once I got it put together. So I began a hunt for a better fabric, and found this, Kaffe Fassett's "Shot" cotton, color Putty. I'll be removing the original borders and making new corner squares to go with it. The color looks MUCH, MUCH better with the colors in this quilt.
And my husband asked for a new "blankie" a few weeks ago. Thing is, he said he wanted one exactly like the one I made for him in 1997/1998. Well... I told him I couldn't find the exact fabrics I had used back then, but I agreed to make him a new homespun flannel plaid quilt in the same pattern. I found some yardage on a web site, and finally finished cutting it out last week. Here is the first bit of piecing - upper right corner. I really like the colors I chose, they read much warmer than his original one, and yet they're still totally appropriate for my guy. :) Actually, in this photo, the maroon reads a little purple, but in real life it's got more red than blue. It probably has to do with all those plaids making the camera go crazy.
I have also started knitting a new pair of socks and have gotten to the point I always have the most difficulty with - turning the heel. Fingers crossed - I'll be picking up stitches next... :)