Part 2 is finished! I had to rip out and restitch a couple of stitches several times, but I think I finally got it right. This part reminds me a little of Sweetheart tree designs with the vines trailing around specialty stitches. I decided to go ahead and try the cut hardanger part (instead of the non-cut style). I had never done dove's eyes before, so I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I'm sure they could be better, but for my first time, I'm satisfied. And of course, I love that this part had Queen Stitches!!! They are the little flowers in the corners of the tulips (click for larger view).
I think this photo shows the fabric color a little better. And this part shows that I probably should have chosen a different "pale green" because it almost disappears into the fabric. I won't pick out what I've stitched thus far, but I might choose a more yellow-green for the pale green in future parts... nothing so drastic as to take away from the current colors, but hopefully just a little more visible.
Also, I have no idea why it's happening, but when I search for things about which I have blogged (like Around the World in 80 Stitches) in Google, it's showing my posts as if they are by this woman named Vonna Pfeiffer. I have no idea who this woman is, why Google would choose to associate her name and photo with my blog as well as several others, but it's annoying! I've tried the fix I read about in Google Plus, but alas, it's still mis-attributing my posts! Just an aside-rant. :( Back to stitching and a nice long Memorial Day weekend.