Navigation to

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Light strips stitched

I finished sewing all of my light strips together yesterday for the Rockin' Rail Fence quilt (satisfying another Get It Done! goal - 2 down, 2 to go), and ran out of bobbin thread at the same time. Always a good time to clean out the bobbin area, I set to work getting rid of the fuzzies and put a dot of oil on the hook where it's supposed to go.

Only this time, I'm not sure what happened. I usually run the machine for a couple of stitches without rethreading and without a bobbin in it just to make sure the dot of oil is distributed well on the hook. There is no disassembling of the hook in the cleaning process - just brushing out the fuzzies and a drop of oil. But it was like the hook got completely confused and out of sync with the needle-down position, and so now my favorite piecing machine (because of the IDT and my perfect little quarter inch foot) is incapacitated and needs service. I'm hoping that I can take her in on Monday. The shop where she was purchased (in Knoxville) has just opened up a location in Nashville, which is fortunate timing. We have other sewing machine dealers here, but they don't service Pfaff machines, and the shop where I had her last serviced has since closed.

I hope it's a quick fix. I do have another machine, thank goodness, so it's not like I can't sew at all the rest of my long weekend. And it's a great machine - I just love my Pfaff for piecing and tend to use the Bernina for quilting. Okay - guess I'll get in there and find my quarter inch foot (I'm pretty sure the Bernina has one) so I can get back to sewing.

No comments: