Navigation to Doodle-head.com

Monday, April 15, 2013

Jared and High Cotton

I have been using my Sizzix cutter to help me quickly cut strips for Jared Takes a Wife, including sashing strips from the fabric I picked up in Cincinnati. To double-check that my calculations were correct and that it would look as I envisioned it, I sewed up four strips and put them up on the design wall with my blocks. First is one block with two sashing strips around it, then I put the other three blocks up with the four sashing strips and square to see how it is going to look.



Now that I'm assured those are going to work out okay, I'm working on green and neutral four-patch units that go in the corners of the blocks (120 total, minus 12 in the three blocks already made). In between those units, I finished putting together several more High Cotton blocks, so I have 36 of those completed now.


I did do a little quilting on CC's Flannel blankie last night, and hope to do a little more on that again tonight.

No comments: