Navigation to Doodle-head.com

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Prepwork

While yesterday consisted of a lot of sewing, today consisted of some prepwork for future sewing.

I cut out some additional fabrics for 3 more of the little log cabin block sets.

I ironed fusible to some fabrics for the next two Country Baskets Calendar blocks (September and October). I haven't cut out the pieces yet to fuse them to the backgrounds but I expect to do that within the next week or so.

I also cut and fused my new wool appliqué project block pieces to the backing fabric, prepping it for the blanket stitching and other embellishments. I am going to try to use my stash of Valdani pearl cotton instead of buying the ones that the shop is using. I may end up needing one or two more colors as we go through the project (14 months), but I'm really hoping to utilize what I've already purchased. This is block 2, and I have to say, I'm very pleased that the wools are much more muted than the photo of their stitched model. It's funny how photos can skew the actual colors occasionally, depending on lighting and / or flash. The photocopy of the photo that was included in my kit this month was even brighter than the one on the blog. The photo below is pretty true to the actual colors.


I plan to start stitching on this tonight. I would like to keep up with this project each month, like I've done with Fall Frolic.

No comments: