Navigation to Doodle-head.com

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A little more work than I originally thought

When I put as one of my Get it Done Challenge goals for October that I wanted to finish the first panel for Dream a Little Dream, I had just been glancing at it on my progress list and thinking, "Hmmm, I should work on this, and I really should finish that first panel - I probably don't have very many pieces left to appliqué down."

Wrong. I had quite a few pieces to make and then appliqué down. Tonight I spent the evening working on making those pieces, some of them teensy-tiny, and the angles on those triangles do not make it easy to turn the edges under (I'm using the freezer paper method, since that was what was recommended).


I think there are about 23 regular fabric pieces and around 12 wool felt pieces to sew. Once again, I decided to change out a couple of the wool felt fabrics to other colors, and I am pleased at how they are looking just laid out on top of the fabric.


Hopefully over the next week I'll be able to get them all attached so I can finally have panel one done and can move on to the next panels. Their model of the design is really sweet.

No comments: