Well, just like last month, I was down to the wire in getting my last goal finished, but I managed to get it done just a few hours before midnight - and then I realized that once again I had managed to do the pattern wrong. I have had trouble with this pattern ever since the first time I started it back in the 90's (and finally gave up back then on that version of it). Fortunately, even though I realized I had done last month's two blocks wrong also, I managed to rip out and re-crochet 3 of the 4. I'll fix that other one today. I think I'm going to highlight the part of the pattern that gets me every time. Where I think I should be making a full corner in the first white round, I should only be making one puff stitch and a chain 3. I see that chain 3 and think, "Oh, this is my first corner (and it will be, in the next round), so make another puff stitch here!" I even took a picture and shared it back in 2012. Always making the same mistakes, it seems as if I'm not meant to crochet this pattern, but I'm doing it anyway, and at least I caught them before making more this time. After I finish ripping out and re-crocheting the last one, I'll have 32 of the required 117 for this pattern.
Okay, so how'd I do on the rest of November's Goals?
1. Quilt and finish the September and October Country Basket blocks. Done!
2. Finish the blanket and embroidery stitching for block 1 (the second block) of A Rainbow Garden Done!
3. Complete the November blocks for the SSS 2013 Block of the Month quilt. Done!
4. Finish piecing all of the Jared Takes a Wife blocks. Done!
Bonus goals (not quilting):
1. Work on two more cross stitch WIPs that have not seen a needle in 2013. Done!
2. Complete two squares for Puff Stitch Granny Square Afghan. As mentioned above, done!
So, what will December's goals be? Just to enjoy my quilting and stitching, crocheting and knitting, and whatever else I decide to do this month. I have enjoyed the Get It Done Challenge this year, but I'm not sure if I'll do it again next year. We'll see. I still have several things I'd like to get done for December and also 2014, but I don't want to make them a 'must-do'.