Since that time, I have gotten it back out, put it back away, gotten it back out, and put it back away. I have made very slow progress on it. But today I was able to actually crochet several new rows, and here is my current progress.
It is coming along!
I hope that it will turn out nicely. The yarn is 100% cotton, which can be heavy. I almost wish I had picked an acrylic / wool blend or something with a little bit of a halo because that's how the model looks to me in the photo. This is a closeup, and there is definitely no fuzziness to the yarn, which is the recommended Patons Grace.
I am definitely enjoying working on it now, so it will go into the "rotation" of projects I have in progress. If I get ambitious, I might finish it before next Winter ends. :)